My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Fun morning

I had a really fun morning this morning visiting the Japanese Nitobe Memorial Garden and the Museum of Anthropology. Me and the Korean girl (Myung Sun) who went with me took a lot of photos of all the interesting scenery and exhibitions.

The Nitobe Memorial Garden was rather small. We managed to cover it in just one hour. But they actually have a model of a Japanese traditional house in it.

The Museum of Anthropology, on the other hand, is quite big. We had a very interesting guided tour of some of the exhibitions. Now I finally know the significance of all the totem poles of the First Nation people and how to tell the difference between them. And we still couldn't cover even half of the museum! Luckily, it's free for UBC students to enter the Nitobe Garden and the museum. It costs Canadian $8 for each entry! I'm definitely going again. I finally know why the Museum of Anthropology is such a popular tourist attraction.

It seems like when people gather at a foreign place, those who already knew each other would clique together and go exploring together, while those who are alone would then get together among the few of them. That's why I've been going out with just a few people, because I happen to be one of the few alone ones. So lonely... But I guess it's OK. I'll just have to go exploring on my own sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home