My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Desktop

Oh! Another reason why I haven't been updating my blog but now back at it. As I mentioned, my laptop was dead, so I couldn't get Internet access for a number of days. Luckily, my Hong Kong friend, Victor, who's here for a degree, gave me his old desktop. It's a PIII 550Mhz. So now I have a desktop in my room. He's really my saviour.

He's damn rich, living in Thunderbird. When I went over his place to help him set up his wireless router and to get the desktop (Fri before Thanksgiving), I got to explore his apartment. His apartment is a double-storey apartment.

The 1st storey is a living room with a small space for kitchen. He has a big sofa, a large screen LCD TV, with DVD player and surround sound system. He has a P4 desktop, with LCD screen and wireless keyboard and mouse. At the same time, he has the latest Athlon 64 laptop. His laptop is even better than the desktop I have at home. Not forgetting his laser printer/scanner/fax machine.

On the 2nd storey, there's the toilet, with a bath tub. His bedroom (also on the 2nd storey) is huge. It has a built-in wardrobe, another TV, and a queen-sized bed! He lives all alone! One person in such a big apartment. Well... He pays CAN$800 a month for it...

It was on that day too that Louis (the Mexican guy again showed how terrible a guy he can be. He borrowed Victor's textbook and promised to return it by 8pm. But he was nowhere to be found. Later, he came online and we questioned where he was. He was actually drinking at some Japanese friend's place in Fairview. Once again, he was drinking OTHER people's alcohol. He never bought alcohol of his own. Cheapskate guy. He only came by to return Victor's book at 11:30pm. It was during that time when Victor was complaining about him that I learnt that he NEVER did his homework and just copied Victor's EVERYTIME. It's so vexing just to talk about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home