My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Sunday, November 06, 2005

3rd W@lker article

Here's the 3rd, and last, one. My personal favourite. Because it's just so short and sweet. It's also one that makes me terribly ashamed of myself sometimes after reading. What have I been doing with my life?

A Prayer of Life

10 people were gathered at a prayer session. The leader initiated a discussion on prayers and they started with how often each of them pray.

“5 times a day!” said one.

“10 times!”

“7!”

Those who claimed to pray often beamed with pride while those who only said “2” or “3” bowed their heads low.

Finally, an old man of about 50 or so gave an answer that shocked everyone. “All the time!” he said.

Everyone turned their heads towards him and stared at him. How could such a thing be possible? How can anyone pray all the time without doing anything else? People began to think how shameless a lie this old man could actually tell.

Noticing the stunned look on their faces, the old man proceeded to explain himself.

“I offer my whole life as a prayer to God. All my actions, all my deeds, everything I do, are prayers to Him. Are not prayers of action of more value than prayers of words? Am I then, not praying all the time?”

- Brings a whole new meaning to “Action speaks louder than words”

W@lker

(First printed 25th May 2003)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home