My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Granville Island

Back now to Granville Island. The 2nd half of my adventure on 27th Oct.

Granville Island is not exactly an island. It's just a small piece of land under the Granville Bridge. It's still connected to the main land, so I don't understand why it is called Granville Island. But it's a small little sort-of-town. There's nothing much to look at, but it's a change from the city environment around. There are probably just 3 main attractions there. The Kids Market, the Granville Island Brewing Company, and the Public Market.

The Kids Market is one big building with toys, toys, and more toys! OK. Not just toys, but basically stuff for kids, as the name already suggests. They even have this cute little Kids Entrance.



I actually visited the Granville Island Brewing Company on 23rd Oct, so maybe I should leave that for another post.

The Public Market, too, is nothing fascinating. It's just that, a market. I guess what makes it so special is just that it's the market of Granville Island, selling the local products, like locally grown organic vegetables and fruits, and locally caught seafood.





OK. One other interesting thing I DID see at Granville Island was this shop that sells glass art pieces. You could actually peep in and see the artist at work making the glass pieces!




I must have been in a rather crazy mood that day. After Granville Island, I cycled further up 4th Ave to the Salvation Army Thrift Store. Bought a nice raincoat, which as only $5.29! It looked very new. One of the reasons why I liked it is because it's the same style of rain coat that Nick Cheung (张家辉) wore in the show "Ups and Downs in the Sea of Love" 《十万吨情缘》 I really loved the show. ;)

I wasn't crazy enough to cycle all the way back to UBC though. If I had done that, I would have probably died. I did had to cycle up 4th Ave further before I reached a bus stop that bus 44 stops at to take bus 44 back as the other buses that go to UBC along that road don't have bus racks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home