My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Stanley Park

OK. I think I'll just start with whatever I can remember now.

It was on 27th Oct, Thu, that I finally went to Stanley Park. Because bus 19 is not bike rack fixed, I had to take 99 and change to 98 to downtown, and cycle all the way from downtown to Stanley Park. The ride around Stanley Park along the seawall is about 8km. The scenery was really nice. It's something that you can't get in Singapore. It looks more like something out of the movies. First, there's the whole sailing club with all the sailing boats.



Furthermore, now being autumn, the leaves presented themselves in various beautiful colours.





I even got to see a plane that can land on water. Can't remember what it's called though.



I really regretted not bringing a tripod though. It was so beautiful that I really wanted to take pictures of myself in the scenery. It was so hard trying to find places to place my camera properly to take photos of myself. I must have looked idiotic at times trying to take pictures of myself.




After moving along the seawall for some time, I could see North Vancouver. Last time from Grouse Mountain, we could see Stanley Park. This time, it's the view from the other side.

At one point, I was quite fascinated by a light house. There were 2 light houses along the track. One of them was easily accessible, which was the 1st light house I encountered. It wasn't one of those big ones where people had to man them, but it was still really nice to see a light house upclose.





There were just so much to take photos of that I basically biked for a short while, took photos, biked, took photos, biked, took photos, took more photos... You get the idea.

There was this sculpture: Girl in a Wetsuit:



A children's playground with a sundial:



The Lion Gate Bridge connecting Main Vancouver and North Vancouver:



There was this beach where you could see so many ducks:



That was where I stayed the longest too... Appreciating the scenery, yet feeling so sad. It was such a romantic place to be, but there I was, without my dear. How I wished I could just take a nice stroll with my dear there, enjoying the view, like this couple:



I also spent quite a lot of time looking through the photos I took and deleting a lot of them because I took so many photos that my SD card had no more space! How I wished I had a larger SD card. In fact, the more photos I took, the more I missed my Konica Minolta. It would have offered me much more control, allowing me to take more beautiful pictures. Not forgetting its 10X optical zoom.... *Sob sob* The next camera I'll get is probably another Konica Minolta Z series model. I simply love it.

By this time, it was already mid afternoon, around 3pm or so. The sun reflecting off the sea surface created such a nice picture. I felt I was in another world.



I'm probably starting to sound like I just got released from some secluded village place, but such views and scenery were really something I had never experienced before. Singapore simply did not have such scenery.

In the end, I even cycled all the way from Stanley Park down to the English Bay, along the sea wall and all the way past the Granville Bridge, to Granville Island. But I guess I should leave that to another post. This post is getting long enough as it is now, though I have already left out so much...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahh... nice scenary!!!
~shanjae~

5:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home