My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Back to Granville Island Brewing

Back to the day I went to Granville Island Brewing:



It was on 23rd Oct, Sun, that my floor had a group outing to a Granville Island Brewing tour. Not that great a turnout, but it was still fun nevertheless. For just $9.36 (including tax), we were given a tour of how beer was brewed in Granville Island Brewing, and we had a tasting session of 4 kinds of beer they offered.

The tour was actually quite short. It was just 45 minutes. It was still quite interesting. Looking at the different machines and processes. Now I know that the main difference between the pale lager beer and the dark stout beer is actually in the roasting of the barley malt.






The four types of beer we got to try were really nice. From then on, I decided if I were to buy any beer, beer from Granville Island Brewing would by my choice. ;) We had Robson Street Hefeweizen:




Cypress Honey Lager:




English Bay Pale Ale:



And lucky! Limited edition beer: Oktoberfest:







Oktoberfest was definitely my favourite. It had such a nice taste to it. It was of limited brew though. So we were lucky to be able to taste it. Of course, I bought a bottle of it back. Haha. Till now, it's still sitting on the shelves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home